Reading is Fun!

Reading is Fun!
READING IS FUN!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Welcome!

It's Thursday and we have all survived.... students and teacher!  (:  We have 18 students in our class...10 boys and 8 girls.  We are so glad to welcome two new students to our school and our class, Luke Deloney and Robert Lindsey!  THIS IS A GREAT CLASS!    

Monday was a good day, Tuesday could have been better, and yesterday was great!  This first week we are working on mastering our classroom procedures and rules...especially the one about talking at the appropriate time.  (:  We're also reviewing material the children learned in K-5. 

At this time I do not have a teacher computer, so I cannot receive your e-mails.  Hopefully, the new computer laptops that have been ordered will be in by the end of this week.  

Yesterday I sent home a copy of the lunch menu for this month and some PTO information.  I encourage you to join and support the PTO.  I didn't have time to read all their info but I think they are working on getting mimio boards in all the classrooms.  We had training on Monday and I can say that these mimio boards are amazing!  Ms. Stinson, the other first grade teacher, is already using hers in the classroom and the children love it!  It's a great teaching tool.  We will begin using ours as soon as my laptop arrives.

If you ever need to talk with me about concerns you might have, just e-mail me or write me a note.